Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PULTEGROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PULTEGROUP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.53 versus -$0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.40 versus $0.53).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 800.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$11.67 million to $81.76 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 135.95% to $270.62 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PULTEGROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -106.32%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 800.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 142.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
PulteGroup, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in homebuilding and financial services businesses primarily in the United States. PulteGroup has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.