Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PTC as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PTC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.2 million.
- PTC has traded 5,556 shares today.
- PTC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PTC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PTC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PTC:
PTC Inc. develops, markets, and supports software products and solutions in the areas of computer-aided design (CAD), product lifecycle management (PLM), application lifecycle management (ALM), supply chain management (SCM), and service lifecycle management (SLM) worldwide. PTC has a PE ratio of 31.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate PTC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for PTC has been 756,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. PTC has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.36 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.35 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates PTC as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 63.84% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PTC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PTC INC has improved earnings per share by 13.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PTC INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.19 versus -$0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.07 versus $1.19).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 165.78% to $36.24 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PTC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.32%.
- You can view the full PTC Ratings Report.