Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get trading ideas for stocks under $10 for less than $6/week. Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 178.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $789.00 million to $2,198.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 79.03% to $5,269.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.02%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
Prudential Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various financial products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, and investment management services in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.2, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 8.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Prudential Financial has a market cap of $26.93 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 17.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Free Download Now