Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Professional Diversity Network (IPDN) - Get Report has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY NETWK (IPDN) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY NETWK has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY NETWK swung to a loss, reporting -$0.23 versus $0.27 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 65.2% in earnings (-$0.38 versus -$0.23).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 247.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.27 million to -$0.94 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY NETWK's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.80 million or 679.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for PROFESSIONAL DIVERSITY NETWK is currently very high, coming in at 75.37%. Regardless of IPDN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, IPDN's net profit margin of -59.74% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IPDN Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.