Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Priceline Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PCLN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $708.8 million.
- PCLN traded 10,473 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- PCLN is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCLN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCLN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PCLN:
The Priceline Group Inc. operates as an online travel company. PCLN has a PE ratio of 28.9. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Priceline Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Priceline Group has been 833,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Priceline Group has a market cap of $60.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.62 and a short float of 2.3% with 1.99 days to cover. Shares are down 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Priceline Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although PCLN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, PRICELINE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PRICELINE GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.67%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.14% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $689.98 million or 16.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PRICELINE GROUP INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.00%.
- You can view the full Priceline Group Ratings Report.