Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified General Motors as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $450.0 million.
- GM traded 26,995 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:27 AM.
- GM is down 3.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GM:
General Motors Company designs, builds, and sells cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. The company operates through GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, GM South America, and GM Financial segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.7%. GM has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for General Motors has been 12.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General has a market cap of $50.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are down 5.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates General Motors as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry. The net income increased by 156.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,117.00 million to $2,866.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, GENERAL MOTORS CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.