Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tyson Foods as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $151.2 million.
- TSN traded 839,600 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM, representing 21% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TSN:
Tyson Foods, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, distributes, and markets chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods, and related allied products worldwide. It operates in four segments: Chicken, Beef, Pork, and Prepared Foods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. TSN has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tyson Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Tyson Foods has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tyson has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 4.6% with 3.86 days to cover. Shares are up 17.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Tyson Foods as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 49.39% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TYSON FOODS INC has improved earnings per share by 5.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TYSON FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.32 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.88 versus $2.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Food Products industry average. The net income increased by 4.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $249.00 million to $260.00 million.
- You can view the full Tyson Foods Ratings Report.