Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tile Shop Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TTS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- TTS traded 86,390 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:33 AM, representing 13% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TTS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TTS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TTS:
Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of manufactured and natural stone tiles, setting and maintenance materials, and related accessories in the United States. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tile Shop Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Tile Shop Holdings has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tile Shop has a market cap of $828.3 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of -0.06 and a short float of 46.9% with 17.20 days to cover. Shares are down 13% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Tile Shop Holdings as a
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been very high debt management risk by most measures.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.18 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.25, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TILE SHOP HOLDINGS INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.61%. Regardless of TTS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TTS's net profit margin of 7.13% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TILE SHOP HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TTS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.39% from its price level of one year ago.
- TILE SHOP HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.43 versus -$1.59).
- You can view the full Tile Shop Holdings Ratings Report.