Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sanofi as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.6 million.
- SNY traded 1.1 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:43 AM, representing 46.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SNY:
Sanofi researches, develops, manufactures, and markets various therapeutic solutions. The company operates in three segments: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines, and Animal Health. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. SNY has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sanofi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sanofi has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sanofi has a market cap of $101.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 9.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Sanofi as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SNY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.07, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for SANOFI is rather high; currently it is at 59.28%. Regardless of SNY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.76% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 83.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,459.54 million to $242.91 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SANOFI's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sanofi Ratings Report.