Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Yahoo as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YHOO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $744.1 million.
- YHOO traded 39,701 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- YHOO is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YHOO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YHOO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on YHOO:
Yahoo! Inc. operates as a technology company worldwide. YHOO has a PE ratio of 27.7. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Yahoo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Yahoo has been 21.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yahoo has a market cap of $33.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 2.8% with 1.07 days to cover. Shares are down 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Yahoo as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Although YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.09 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.20, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.44%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 27.50% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, YHOO's share price has jumped by 33.12%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- YAHOO INC's earnings per share declined by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YAHOO INC reported lower earnings of $1.26 versus $3.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.64 versus $1.26).
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.