Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Time Warner as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TWX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $250.7 million.
- TWX traded 47,028 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:49 AM.
- TWX is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TWX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TWX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TWX:
Time Warner Inc. operates as a media and entertainment company in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Turner, Home Box Office, and Warner Bros. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. TWX has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Time Warner a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Time Warner has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Time Warner has a market cap of $56.7 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 1.5% with 3.21 days to cover. Shares are up 13.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Time Warner as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TIME WARNER INC has improved earnings per share by 32.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TIME WARNER INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.58 versus $4.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.39 versus $4.58).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 25.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $970.00 million to $1,214.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, TIME WARNER INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Time Warner Ratings Report.