Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
"We rate POZEN INC (POZN) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- POZN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 191.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- POZN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.05, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, POZEN INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for POZEN INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.95%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 89.54% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 225.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.16% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, POZN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: POZN Ratings Report