NEW YORK (
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POINTS INTERNATIONAL LTD has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, POINTS INTERNATIONAL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.26 versus $0.10 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 537.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.32 million to $2.06 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 24.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PCOM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.12, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, POINTS INTERNATIONAL LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Points International Ltd. provides a range of ecommerce and technology services to loyalty program operators using a common proprietary infrastructure primarily in the United States, Europe, and Canada. The company has a P/E ratio of 40.4, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 50 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Points International has a market cap of $120.6 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 31.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff