The company reported 2014 third quarter results that led Goldman Sach's to remove the utility from its America's sell list.
Other equities research analysts have also recently issued reports about the stock. Analysts at JPMorgan reiterated a "neutral" rating on shares of PG&E with a price target of $50 and Citigroup reiterated a "neutral" rating with a price target of $51.
Shares of PG&E are up 1.09% to $49.07.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PG&E CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PG&E CORP (PCG) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 35.45% is the gross profit margin for PG&E CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.48% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 396.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $164.00 million to $814.00 million.
- PG&E CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PG&E CORP reported lower earnings of $1.84 versus $1.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.05 versus $1.84).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PCG Ratings Report