Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Perry Ellis International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PERY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.7 million.
- PERY has traded 97,953 shares today.
- PERY is trading at 20.83 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PERY is trading at a new high 16.36% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PERY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PERY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PERY:
Perry Ellis International, Inc. designs, sources, markets, and licenses apparel products. PERY has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Perry Ellis International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Perry Ellis International has been 113,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Perry Ellis International has a market cap of $280.0 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 3% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are down 31.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Perry Ellis International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 20.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$1.62 million to -$1.28 million.
- PERY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 15.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ELLIS PERRY INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELLIS PERRY INTL INC reported poor results of -$2.52 versus -$1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus -$2.52).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $60.14 million or 36.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, ELLIS PERRY INTL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Perry Ellis International Ratings Report.