Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Taser International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TASR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- TASR has traded 86,058 shares today.
- TASR is down 4.1% today.
- TASR was up 16.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TASR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TASR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TASR:
TASER International, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture, and sale of conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) for use in law enforcement, federal, military, corrections, private security, and personal defense markets worldwide. TASR has a PE ratio of 33.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Taser International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Taser International has been 995,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Taser International has a market cap of $609.2 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of -0.23 and a short float of 7% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are down 27.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Taser International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- TASR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.41, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TASR's share price has jumped by 27.82%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TASER INTERNATIONAL INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Taser International Ratings Report.