Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Prothena as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PRTA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.9 million.
- PRTA has traded 60,039 shares today.
- PRTA is down 3% today.
- PRTA was up 6.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRTA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRTA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PRTA:
Prothena Corporation plc, a late-stage clinical biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of protein immunotherapy programs for the treatment of diseases that involve amyloid or cell adhesion in Ireland. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Prothena a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Prothena has been 369,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Prothena has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 14.4% with 3.58 days to cover. Shares are down 24.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Prothena as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 74.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.18 million to -$22.98 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, PROTHENA CORP PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$16.91 million or 37.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- PROTHENA CORP PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROTHENA CORP PLC continued to lose money by earning -$0.12 versus -$2.22 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2133.3% in earnings (-$2.68 versus -$0.12).
- PRTA, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 71.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Prothena Ratings Report.