Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Noah Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NOAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.8 million.
- NOAH has traded 2.8 million shares today.
- NOAH is down 3.5% today.
- NOAH was up 10.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOAH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NOAH:
Noah Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as a wealth management service provider with focus on distributing wealth management products in the People's Republic of China. NOAH has a PE ratio of 21.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Noah Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Noah Holdings has been 332,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Noah has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Noah Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NOAH's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR has improved earnings per share by 28.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.93 versus $0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.31 versus $0.93).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 28.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.99 million to $17.91 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Noah Holdings Ratings Report.