Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Golar LNG as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GLNG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.9 million.
- GLNG has traded 68,361 shares today.
- GLNG is down 3.1% today.
- GLNG was up 7.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GLNG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GLNG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GLNG:
Golar LNG Limited, a midstream liquefied natural gas (LNG) company, engages in the transportation, regasification, liquefaction, and trading of LNG. The company operates in three segments: Vessel Operations, LNG Trading, and FLNG. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. GLNG has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Golar LNG a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Golar LNG has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Golar LNG has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 13.8% with 7.41 days to cover. Shares are up 11% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Golar LNG as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.02 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GOLAR LNG LTD underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 42.89%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 76.08% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$39.65 million to -$70.89 million.
- GOLAR LNG LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLAR LNG LTD reported poor results of -$2.27 versus -$0.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.36 versus -$2.27).
- You can view the full Golar LNG Ratings Report.