Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 201.73% to $702.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PEPSICO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 54.31%.
- The gross profit margin for PEPSICO INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.54% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PEPSICO INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEPSICO INC reported lower earnings of $3.92 versus $4.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.39 versus $3.92).
PepsiCo, Inc. operates as a food and beverage company worldwide. PepsiCo has a market cap of $129.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 21.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.