Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pall Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.1 million.
- PLL has traded 192,450 shares today.
- PLL is trading at 11.79 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PLL is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PLL:
Pall Corporation manufactures and markets filtration, separation, and purification products and integrated systems solutions worldwide. It operates in two segments, Life Sciences and Industrial. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. PLL has a PE ratio of 27.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Pall Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Pall Corporation has been 475,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pall has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 3.5% with 7.98 days to cover. Shares are down 5.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Pall Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PLL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PLL has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- PALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 23.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.88 versus $2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.38 versus $2.88).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 21.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $73.07 million to $88.69 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $136.57 million or 16.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.67%.
- You can view the full Pall Corporation Ratings Report.