Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Osiris Therapeutics(OSIR) - Get Report has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC (OSIR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- OSIR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 37.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 150.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.05 versus -$0.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.02 versus -$0.05).
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, OSIR is down 0.72% to its most recent closing price of 16.69. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact either way, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.50%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OSIR's net profit margin of 3.74% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.68 million or 253.50% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: OSIR Ratings Report