Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.45 million or 71.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- This stock has increased by 136.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.03 versus -$0.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.05 versus $0.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 2005.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.61 million to $49.81 million.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., a stem cell company, focuses on the development and marketing of therapeutic products to treat medical conditions in the inflammatory, cardiovascular, orthopedic, and wound healing markets. It operates in two segments, Biosurgery and Therapeutics. Osiris has a market cap of $552 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.