NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORION MARINE GROUP INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ORION MARINE GROUP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.48 versus $0.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 31.3% in earnings (-$0.63 versus -$0.48).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 511.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.54 million to -$6.34 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, ORION MARINE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORION MARINE GROUP INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.00%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -12.50% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$20.03 million or 461.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Orion Marine Group, Inc. operates as a marine specialty contractor serving the heavy civil marine infrastructure market. Orion Marine Group has a market cap of $187.7 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff