Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B+ . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get trading ideas for stocks under $10 for less than $6/week. Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORACLE CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ORACLE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.97 versus $1.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.66 versus $1.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Software industry average. The net income increased by 10.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,840.00 million to $2,034.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ORACLE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORACLE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.90% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Oracle has a market cap of $153.58 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 21.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge!
Free Download Now