Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Opko Health as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OPK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.4 million.
- OPK is down 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OPK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OPK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OPK:
Opko Health, Inc., a biopharmaceutical and diagnostics company, is engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel and proprietary technologies. It operates in two segments, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Opko Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Opko Health has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Opko Health has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.13 and a short float of 22% with 12.94 days to cover. Shares are up 48.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Opko Health as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.29% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 69.33% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- OPK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, OPK has a quick ratio of 1.84, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 46.71% is the gross profit margin for OPKO HEALTH INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of OPK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OPK's net profit margin of -246.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$21.08 million or 83.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, OPKO HEALTH INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Opko Health Ratings Report.