Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a hold with a ratings score of C . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ONXX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.21 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ONYX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 143.10% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 80.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$42.51 million or 142.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapies that target the molecular mechanisms that cause cancer in the United States and internationally. Onyx has a market cap of $5.27 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 67.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 78.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Let Jim Cramer show you every trade he is making in his $2.5 Million portfolio. Join now for 14-days FREE.Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade