NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trulia Inc. (TRLA) stock is up 3.94% to $44.60 today after launching its "Get Fresh" campaign to help real estate brokers secure the most up-to-date listings on Trulia through their multiple listing service for free, the company said.
"We are committed to ensuring the accuracy of listings on Trulia, which is why we encourage brokers to work through their multiple listing service to establish a free, direct feed," the company said.
Trulia, a leading online marketplace for home buyers, sellers, renters, and real estate brokers, specializes in building state-of-the-art technology that connects industry professionals with consumers to drive their businesses.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TRULIA INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TRULIA INC (TRLA) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 640.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.41 million to -$17.86 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, TRULIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.82 million or 117.73% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- TRULIA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRULIA INC reported poor results of -$0.50 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.27 versus -$0.50).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRLA Ratings Report