Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP filed the suit on behalf of purchasers of NetSol securities between Nov. 12, 2009 and Nov 8, 2013. The suit alleges NetSol made "materially false and/or misleading statements or failed to disclose material facts," specifically with regard to its next-generation solution, according to a press release.
NetSol has dealt with a wave of class-action lawsuits on this issue so far this month.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES INC as a "sell" with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES INC (NTWK) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 183.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.56 million to -$1.30 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 65.33%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 229.16% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $0.40 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 162.5% in earnings (-$0.70 versus $1.12).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 25.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NTWK Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.