Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OGXI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.8 million.
- OGXI has traded 448,505 shares today.
- OGXI is trading at 2.20 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OGXI is trading at a new high 14.18% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OGXI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OGXI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OGXI:
OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapies that address treatment resistance in cancer patients. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals has been 880,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. OncoGenex has a market cap of $77.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.77 and a short float of 8.8% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are up 17% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.44 million or 280.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- OGXI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 20.91% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ONCOGENEX PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- OGXI, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 88.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- OGXI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.59, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.