With the $174 billion
still fresh in Wall Street's giddy collective mind, the Internet's next-biggest bellwether gets ready to report earnings after the close.
leads an earnings slate that also includes
Speaking of AOL, the company is among the heavy hitters scheduled to do some speaking of their own at the
Salomon Smith Barney
media and telecom conference in Palm Springs, Calif.
Expected Earnings Reports
This table includes earnings expectations for S&P 500 companies only. Dates are as expected, according to First Call/Thomson Financial, and may change. The full week's earnings calendar is published separately.
Forecasts are from
Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see
- 9 a.m.:BTM/Schroder Weekly Chain Store Sales Index for the week ended Jan. 8. Source: Schroder. Previous: +0.4%.
10:30 a.m.:Redbook Retail Average for the month through Jan. 1, vs. November. Source:
LJR Redbook. Previous: +1.8%.
Conferences and Meetings
Salomon Smith Barney Telecommunications and Media Conference
, Palm Springs, Calif. Concludes Thursday. Scheduled to present today:
- Allegiance Telecom (ALGX)
- American Tower (AMT) - Get American Tower Corporation (REIT) Report
- America Online (AOL)
- AT&T (T) - Get AT&T Inc. Report
- AT&T Canada (ATTC)
- A.H. Belo (BLC)
- Broadwing (BRW)
- Citadel (CITC)
- Crown Castle (TWRS)
- Equant (ENT) - Get Global Eagle Entertainment Incorporated Report
- Fox (FOX) - Get Fox Corporation Report/News Corp. (NWS) - Get News Corporation Report
- Global Crossing (GBLX)
- GTE (GTE) - Get Gran Tierra Energy Inc. Report
- Hughes Electronics (GMH)
- Interpublic Group (IPG) - Get Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. (The) Report
- Ixnet (EXNT)
- Loral Space & Communications (LOR) - Get Lazard World Dividend & Income Fund Inc Report
- McGraw-Hill (MHP)
- MetroMedia Fibre Network (MFNX)
- MGC Communications (MGCX)
- Orange (ORNGY)
- Pinnacle Holdingsundefined
- SBA Communications (SBAC) - Get SBA Communications Corporation Report
- SBC Communications (SBC)
- Seagram (VO) - Get Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF Report
- Sprint PCS (PCS)
- Talk.com (TALK)
- TV Guide (TVGIA)
- Williams (WMB) - Get Williams Companies Inc. (The) Report
- Young & Rubicam (YNR)
E.W. Scripps (SSP) - Get E.W. Scripps Company (The) Report
Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) - Get Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. Report
Chase H&Q Healthcare Conference
, San Francisco. Concludes Thursday.
Needham Growth Conference
, New York. Concludes Thursday.
IPO Lockups Expiring
As compiled by ipoPros.com.
- Audible Software (ADBL) , 4 million shares priced July 16 at $9 each. Underwriter:
Credit Suisse First Boston. Monday close: up 1 7/16 to 16 1/8.
Paradyne Networks (PDYN) , 6 million shares priced July 15 at $17 each. Underwriter:
Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette. Monday close: up 2 1/8 to 28 5/8.
Ravisent Technologies (RVST) , 5 million shares priced July 16 at $12 each. Underwriter:
Bear Stearns. Monday close: down 3 1/8 to 30 1/2.
IPO Quiet Periods Expiring
As compiled by ipoPros.com.
- C-Bridge Internet Solutions (CBIS) , 4 million shares priced Dec. 16 at $16 each. Underwriter:
Robertson Stephens. Monday close: down 1 1/8 to 41 7/8.
Egreetings Networks (EGRT) , 6 million shares priced Dec. 17 at $10 each. Underwriter: Credit Suisse First Boston. Monday close: up 3/8 to 11.
OnDisplay (ONDS) , 3.5 million shares priced Dec. 17 at $28 each. Underwriter: Robertson Stephens. Monday close: down 1 1/8 to 91.
TrueTime (TRUE) - Get TrueCar Inc. Report, 3 million shares priced Dec. 17 at $5 each. Underwriter:
C.E. Unterberg Towbin. Monday close: up 1 1/4 to 13 1/16.