Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified OmniVision Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OVTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.7 million.
- OVTI traded 109,151 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:29 AM, representing 11.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OVTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OVTI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OVTI:
OmniVision Technologies, Inc. engages in designing, developing, and marketing semiconductor image-sensor devices worldwide. OVTI has a PE ratio of 12.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate OmniVision Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for OmniVision Technologies has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. OmniVision has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 9.6% with 5.34 days to cover. Shares are up 18.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates OmniVision Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.79% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, OVTI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 43.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.31 million to $30.56 million.
- OVTI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, OVTI has a quick ratio of 2.43, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $128.96 million or 34.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.26%.
- You can view the full OmniVision Technologies Ratings Report.