Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NXP Semiconductors as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NXPI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $322.7 million.
- NXPI has traded 687,402 shares today.
- NXPI is down 3.1% today.
- NXPI was up 5.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NXPI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NXPI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NXPI:
NXP Semiconductors N.V. provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions for radio frequency (RF), analog, power management, interface, security, and digital processing products worldwide. NXPI has a PE ratio of 42.3. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate NXP Semiconductors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for NXP Semiconductors has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NXP Semiconductors has a market cap of $18.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates NXP Semiconductors as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NXPI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV increased its bottom line by earning $2.17 versus $1.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.81 versus $2.17).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 55.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $96.00 million to $149.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 77.07% to $556.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.25%.
- You can view the full NXP Semiconductors Ratings Report.