Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NXP Semiconductor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NXPI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $192.1 million.
- NXPI has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- NXPI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NXPI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NXPI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NXPI:
NXP Semiconductors N.V. provides mixed signal and standard product solutions for radio frequency (RF), analog, power management, interface, security, and digital processing products worldwide. It provides integrated circuits (ICs) and discrete semiconductors. NXPI has a PE ratio of 1248.3. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate NXP Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for NXP Semiconductor has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NXP Semiconductor has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.33 and a short float of 0.7% with 0.24 days to cover. Shares are up 42.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates NXP Semiconductor as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 34.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $115.00 million to $155.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 89.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.08 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NXPI maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.95, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full NXP Semiconductor Ratings Report.