Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nu Skin as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.8 million.
- NUS has traded 229,204 shares today.
- NUS traded in a range 208.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.36.
- NUS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 190 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 190 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NUS:
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes anti-aging personal care products and nutritional supplements under the Nu Skin and Pharmanex category brands worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. NUS has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Nu Skin a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Nu Skin has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nu Skin has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.79 and a short float of 19.5% with 12.80 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Nu Skin as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.30, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.83 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for NU SKIN ENTERPRISES is currently very high, coming in at 82.14%. Regardless of NUS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NUS's net profit margin of 6.26% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Personal Products industry average. The net income has decreased by 22.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $46.51 million to $35.84 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $80.15 million or 15.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Nu Skin Ratings Report.