Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nielsen Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NLSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.7 million.
- NLSN has traded 39,582 shares today.
- NLSN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLSN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NLSN:
Nielsen Holdings plc operates as an information and measurement company. The company provides media and marketing information, analytics, and manufacturer and retailer expertise about what and where consumers buy, read, watch, and listen. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. NLSN has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Nielsen Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Nielsen Holdings has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nielsen has a market cap of $17.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 6.8% with 6.37 days to cover. Shares are up 4.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Nielsen Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV increased its bottom line by earning $1.54 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.87 versus $1.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry. The net income increased by 55.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $161.00 million to $251.00 million.
- Compared to where it was trading a year ago, NLSN's share price has not changed very much due to (a) the relatively weak year-over-year performance of the overall market, (b) the company's stagnant earnings, and (c) other mixed results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The gross profit margin for NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV is rather high; currently it is at 59.73%. Regardless of NLSN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NLSN's net profit margin of 15.45% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $401.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite stable cash flow, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 13.23%.
- You can view the full Nielsen Holdings Ratings Report.