NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of NICE Systems (NICE) - Get Report are lower by 0.77% to $59.34 in early market trading Tuesday, after the big data collection and analytics firm was downgraded by analysts at JMP Securities this morning.
The firm lowered its rating to "market perform" from "outperform" on a valuation call.
JMP analysts noted that the stock has gained 50% over the last six months.
Israel-based NICE is a provider of solutions that helps companies and public organizations capture, manage, analyze and impact unstructured interaction, as well as transactional data.
Unstructured content includes cross-channel analysis of phone calls, chat, instant messaging and e-mail interactions to contact centers.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates NICE SYSTEMS LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 112.82% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.99% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NICE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NICE SYSTEMS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NICE SYSTEMS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $0.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.13 versus $1.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 106.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.22 million to $50.08 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NICE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.15, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NICE Ratings Report