Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Xcel Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.4 million.
- XEL has traded 60,352 shares today.
- XEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XEL:
Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. XEL has a PE ratio of 16.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Xcel Energy has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.30 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.63 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Xcel Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $446.86 million or 3.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, XCEL ENERGY INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.70%.
- XCEL ENERGY INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XCEL ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.00 versus $1.91).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.