Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Waste Management as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $107.1 million.
- WM has traded 26,076 shares today.
- WM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WM:
Waste Management, Inc. provides waste management environmental services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. WM has a PE ratio of 230.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Waste Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Waste Management has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Management has a market cap of $24.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 3% with 7.31 days to cover. Shares are up 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Waste Management as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 36.81% is the gross profit margin for WASTE MANAGEMENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.49% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WM's share price has jumped by 27.78%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT INC's earnings per share declined by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WASTE MANAGEMENT INC reported lower earnings of $0.21 versus $1.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.41 versus $0.21).
- WM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 7.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $291.00 million to $270.00 million.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.