Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Trinseo as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.1 million.
- TSE has traded 4,611 shares today.
- TSE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TSE:
Trinseo S.A., a materials company, manufactures and markets various emulsion polymers and plastics. It operates through four segments: Latex, Synthetic Rubber, Performance Plastics, and Basic Plastics and Feedstocks. TSE has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Trinseo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Trinseo has been 240,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Trinseo has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 25% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Trinseo as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 244.26% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 90.55% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- TRINSEO SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRINSEO SA turned its bottom line around by earning $2.73 versus -$1.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.40 versus $2.73).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TRINSEO SA has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TRINSEO SA is rather low; currently it is at 15.81%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.80% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.10 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, TSE has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.06, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Trinseo Ratings Report.