Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Reinsurance Group of America as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RGA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.2 million.
- RGA has traded 356,666 shares today.
- RGA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RGA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RGA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RGA:
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated engages in the life and health reinsurance business. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. RGA has a PE ratio of 11.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Reinsurance Group of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Reinsurance Group of America has been 396,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Reinsurance Group of America has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 40% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Reinsurance Group of America as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, RGA is up 49.36% to its most recent closing price of 74.52. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $445.91 million or 37.26% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income has decreased by 4.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $144.48 million to $137.96 million.
- You can view the full Reinsurance Group of America Ratings Report.