Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Old Dominion Freight Lines as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ODFL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.9 million.
- ODFL has traded 6,366 shares today.
- ODFL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ODFL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ODFL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ODFL:
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. operates as a less-than-truckload (LTL) motor carrier in North America. It provides regional, inter-regional, and national LTL services; and other logistics services. ODFL has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Old Dominion Freight Lines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Old Dominion Freight Lines has been 553,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Old Dominion Freight Lines has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Old Dominion Freight Lines as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ODFL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ODFL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.83% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ODFL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- OLD DOMINION FREIGHT has improved earnings per share by 12.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OLD DOMINION FREIGHT increased its bottom line by earning $2.40 versus $1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.75 versus $2.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $40.55 million to $45.89 million.
- You can view the full Old Dominion Freight Lines Ratings Report.