Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Monro Muffler Brake as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MNRO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.3 million.
- MNRO has traded 102,741 shares today.
- MNRO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MNRO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MNRO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MNRO:
Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. provides automotive undercar repair and tire services in the United States. It offers a range of services on passenger cars, light trucks, and vans for brakes; mufflers and exhaust systems; and steering, drive train, suspension, and wheel alignment. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. MNRO has a PE ratio of 37.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Monro Muffler Brake a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Monro Muffler Brake has been 185,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Monro Muffler Brake has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 19.3% with 19.98 days to cover. Shares are up 54.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Monro Muffler Brake as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MNRO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $13.39 million or 23.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.76%.
- 43.59% is the gross profit margin for MONRO MUFFLER BRAKE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.64% trails the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 63.89% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- MONRO MUFFLER BRAKE INC has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MONRO MUFFLER BRAKE INC reported lower earnings of $1.32 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.62 versus $1.32).
- You can view the full Monro Muffler Brake Ratings Report.