Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Medidata Solutions as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MDSO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.2 million.
- MDSO has traded 113,225 shares today.
- MDSO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDSO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDSO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MDSO:
Medidata Solutions, Inc. provides cloud-based clinical development solutions for life sciences organizations in the United States and internationally. MDSO has a PE ratio of 116.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Medidata Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Medidata Solutions has been 233,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Medidata has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 5.4% with 4.67 days to cover. Shares are up 146.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Medidata Solutions as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MDSO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MDSO has a quick ratio of 2.47, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 128.99% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MDSO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Technology industry. The net income increased by 41.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.60 million to $5.11 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 361.16% to $26.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEDIDATA SOLUTIONS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.83%.
- You can view the full Medidata Solutions Ratings Report.