Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Global Payments as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.8 million.
- GPN has traded 4,938 shares today.
- GPN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GPN:
Global Payments Inc. provides electronic payments transaction processing services. The company operates in two segments, North America Merchant Services and International Merchant Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. GPN has a PE ratio of 21.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Global Payments a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Global Payments has been 749,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Global Payments has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.11 days to cover. Shares are up 20.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Global Payments as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.43% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.20% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GPN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC has improved earnings per share by 26.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $2.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.73 versus $3.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the IT Services industry average. The net income increased by 16.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $64.64 million to $75.37 million.
- You can view the full Global Payments Ratings Report.