Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified G-III Apparel Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GIII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.5 million.
- GIII has traded 240,238 shares today.
- GIII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GIII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GIII NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GIII:
G-III Apparel Group Ltd. designs, manufactures, and markets women's and men's apparel primarily in the United States. GIII has a PE ratio of 19.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate G-III Apparel Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for G-III Apparel Group has been 144,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. G-III Apparel Group has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.31 and a short float of 7.7% with 5.16 days to cover. Shares are up 95.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates G-III Apparel Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 93.56% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GIII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- G-III APPAREL GROUP LTD has improved earnings per share by 20.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, G-III APPAREL GROUP LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.80 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.60 versus $2.80).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 23.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.29 million to $59.60 million.
- You can view the full G-III Apparel Group Ratings Report.