Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Extra Space Storage as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EXR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.6 million.
- EXR has traded 6,212 shares today.
- EXR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EXR:
Extra Space Storage, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It engages in property management and development activities that include acquiring, managing, developing, and selling, as well as the rental of self-storage facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. EXR has a PE ratio of 34.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Extra Space Storage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Extra Space Storage has been 685,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Extra Space has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.22 days to cover. Shares are up 33.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Extra Space Storage as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 46.74% is the gross profit margin for EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.77% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $103.19 million or 36.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -24.40%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 20.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.47 million to $41.67 million.
- You can view the full Extra Space Storage Ratings Report.