Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ctrip.com International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CTRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $90.0 million.
- CTRP has traded 28,349 shares today.
- CTRP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTRP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CTRP:
Ctrip.com International, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides travel services for hotel accommodations, ticketing services, packaged tours, and corporate travel management in China. CTRP has a PE ratio of 56.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Ctrip.com International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ctrip.com International has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ctrip.com International has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 35% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Ctrip.com International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CTRP's share price has jumped by 79.93%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CTRP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CTRP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.93 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- CTRIP.COM INTL LTD's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CTRIP.COM INTL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $0.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 34.8% in earnings ($0.73 versus $1.12).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has decreased by 24.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $24.71 million to $18.56 million.
- You can view the full Ctrip.com International Ratings Report.