Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Becton Dickinson as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.3 million.
- BDX has traded 13,072 shares today.
- BDX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BDX:
Becton, Dickinson and Company, a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. BDX has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Becton Dickinson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Becton Dickinson has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Becton Dickinson has a market cap of $30.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 2.5% with 6.40 days to cover. Shares are up 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Becton Dickinson as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for BECTON DICKINSON & CO is rather high; currently it is at 57.73%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.53% is above that of the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BECTON DICKINSON & CO's earnings per share declined by 25.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BECTON DICKINSON & CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.00 versus $4.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.08 versus $6.00).
- BDX, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 26.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Becton Dickinson Ratings Report.