Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Aspen Insurance Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AHL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.3 million.
- AHL has traded 228,402 shares today.
- AHL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AHL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AHL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AHL:
Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates in insurance and reinsurance businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AHL has a PE ratio of 9.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Aspen Insurance Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Aspen Insurance Holdings has been 415,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aspen has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 1% with 1.39 days to cover. Shares are down 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Aspen Insurance Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AHL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- ASPEN INSURANCE HOLDINGS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASPEN INSURANCE HOLDINGS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.15 versus $3.38 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 14.4% in earnings ($3.55 versus $4.15).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Insurance industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4647.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.90 million to $90.20 million.
- You can view the full Aspen Insurance Holdings Ratings Report.